Cause of his death was Phthisis (Tuberculosis).2
Another name for Tom was Tom.
Grave reference: 7/5934. Grave no longer exists.
• Residence, 30 Mar 1851, Sedlescombe Street, Sedlescombe, Battle, East Sussex, TN33, GB. 5
• Occupation: agricultural labourer, 7 Apr 1861. 6
• Residence, 7 Apr 1861, Sedlescombe Street, Sedlescombe, Battle, East Sussex, TN33, GB. 6
• Occupation: Porter (London, Brighton & South Coast Railway), Jul 1865, London Bridge Station, Southwark, London, GB. 7 8 Earnt 18s per week.
• Residence, 1 Mar 1870, 163 Rye Lane, Peckham, Southwark, London, SE15 4TL, GB. 2
• Residence, 2 Apr 1871, Selhurst New Road, Croydon, London, SE25, GB. 8
• Occupation: railway signalman and porter (London, Brighton & South Coast Railway), Between Jul 1875 and 29 Aug 1878, Peckham Rye Railway Station, Rye Lane, Peckham, Southwark, London, SE15 5DQ, GB. 2 9 Badge number 188. Earnt £1 5s per week. Clothing provided by the Company.
• Residence, 29 Aug 1878, 55 Atwell Road, Rye Lane, Peckham, Southwark, London, SE15, GB. 2 Father-in-law (John Newman) died at the same address two years later. Did they live with their parents-in-law or did they move in after Tom's death?
Tom married Anna Elizabeth Faremouth, daughter of Unknown and Anna Elizabeth Faremouth, on 16 Jun 1867 in St. Giles' Church, Camberwell Church Street, Camberwell, Southwark, London, SE5 8RB, GB.1 2 (Anna Elizabeth Faremouth was born on 7 Feb 1847 in 5 Huish Court, London, EC4V 4ED, GB,2 8 died on 26 Feb 1923 in The Street, Takeley, Bishop's Stortford, Essex, CM22 6, GB 2 and was buried on 1 Mar 1923 in Holy Trinity Church, Takeley, Bishop's Stortford, Essex, GB.). The cause of her death was 1. Andominal tumour. 2. C...? c...?.2
Note that the bride's father's name has been changed between the Parish Marriage Register and the GRO record.
1 St. Giles (Camberwell, London, GB), Baptisms, Marriages & Burials; digital images, Ancestry (London Metropolitan Archive), <i>Ancestry</i> (www.ancestry.co.uk).
2 General Register Office, Birth, Marriage & Death Registers (1837 to date).
3 "Sussex Family History Group (SFHG)".
4 Deceased Online Ltd., "Deceased Online," database, <i>Deceased Online</i> (www.deceasedonline.com : accessed 7 Sep 2015).
5 1851 Census of England (Census taken 30 Mar 1851).
6 1861 Census of England (Census taken 7 Apr 1861).
7 General Register Office, Birth, Marriage & Death Registers (1837 to date), Marriage between Henry Taylor and his daughter Annie Elizabeth Turner. Entry recorded in St. Olave Souhwark Registration District, Volume 1d, Page 594.
8 1871 Census of England (Census taken 2 Apr 1871).
9 Digital images, Ancestry(www.ancestry.co.uk).
Design your own
website - Click
Design your own website - Click here