Some less well-known sites that we have found useful in our research:
- The Gazette official UK public record
- Hearth Tax Online tax records between 1662 and 1689
- Medieval Lands project researching the families of rulers and nobility in medieval Europe
- Proceedings of the Old Bailey - London's Central Criminal Court, 1674 to 1913
- Victorian Web for all things Victorian
The following websites provide useful guidance if you are thinking of building your own website:
- thesitewizard.com (also for the contact form).
We have used the following software and services to build and host this website:
- Mobirise for the initial design and layout
- BlueGriffon for HTML code editing
- Eclipse Oxygen for HTML and PHP code editing
- GoDaddy for Domain Name registration
- SiteGround to host the website
- Sphider-plus for the site search engine.